Water & Sewer Services

The Water and Sewer Department oversees the capital improvements, operation and maintenance of six Municipal Systems.

Municipal Systems

All of our systems are in compliance with the regulations mandated by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation & Parks. 

The Municipal water and sewer systems are user pay only. Those who are not on Municipal systems do not pay for this service.

The Municipality of Central Huron owns and operates six Provincially regulated water systems and one wastewater system.

  • Clinton drinking water system
  • Clinton sewage system
  • Auburn drinking water system
  • Kelly drinking water system
  • McClinchey drinking water system 
  • SAM drinking water system
  • Vandewetering drinking water system 

Water and Sewer Rates

All Water and Sewer Rates are listed in the Water and Sewer Rates By-law 45-2023The updated water and sewer rates will be applied to all bills generated or issued on or after August 1, 2023.

Reporting a Problem with your Water

If you should have any questions or concerns about the installation or operation of your water or sewer services, please contact the Municipal office at 519-482-3997 or email ikoetsier@centralhuron.com between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.

Water and Sewer Financial Plan

A Water and Sewer Financial Plan has been prepared to meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 (SDWA) and to ensure financial sustainability.  The plan is also available in hard copy at the Town Hall, 23 Albert Street, Clinton, ON.

Water and Sewer After Hours Emergency Contact

For Water and Sewer related emergencies after hours, please call 519-441-8166.