Moving? Closing Your Water & Sewer Account

You need to contact us before you move to request a final meter reading on the closing date. This ensures that the account is transferred to the new owners and they are billed for the water they use. Your final bill will be mailed to your forwarding address and will include consumption from your last regular reading date to the final reading date.

Please fill out the online form or contact the Utilities Clerk by telephone at 519-482-3997 ext. 1239 or by email at

We will require the following information:

  • property address or account number
  • legal closing date
  • Lawyer's name and telephone number
  • forwarding address to send the final bill