Water and Sewer Billing

Water and sewer are mailed monthly for industrial customers and bi-monthly for residential customers. Accounts must in the name of the property owner and cannot be setup in the name of a tenant. Water and sewer charges are based on consumption and water and sewer rates are set by Central Huron bylaw.

Payment options

Pre-Authorized Payments

A pre-authorized payment form can be submitted to Utilitiesclerk@centralhuron.com

Banking Institutions

  • Telephone or internet payments can be made through most financial institutions. Add “Central Huron Water” as a payee. Your customer/account number will be the customer number located at the top right of your bill.
  • Payments can be made in person at most local financial institutions or through an ATM.

Payments at the Town Hall

Location: 23 Albert Street, Clinton

Payment methods accepted:

  • Cash
  • Cheque
  • Debit

Cheques may be dropped in the afterhours drop box located to the left of the main entrance at the Town Hall.

Payments by mail

Cheques can be mailed with the required payment stub to:

Municipality of Central Huron

P.O Box 400

Clinton ON N0M 1L0

Disconnection notice

In the event that payment is not received on account, a disconnection notice will be sent out to inform the customer. This could result in the water being turned off. After the water has been turned off for non-payment, payment must be received in full before the water is turned back on.